Smoked sausage is coated with a spice rub, then grilled and served with homemade macaroni and cheese.
- Eckrich Smoked Sausage1 pkg(s)
- Ground black pepper1 tsp.
- Paprika1 tsp.
- Granulated sugar3/4 tsp.
- Kosher salt1/4 tsp.
- Celery salt1/4 tsp.
- Ground red pepper1/8 tsp.
- Dry mustard1/8 tsp.
- (regular size) dry elbow macaroni1 pkg(s)
- Butter2 tbsp.
- Heavy whipping cream1 pt.
- Finely chopped onion1/4 cup(s)
- Processed american cheese, cut up8 oz.
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese (3oz)3/4 cup(s)
- Salt1 tsp.
- Ground white pepper1/2 tsp.
Combine black pepper, paprika, sugar, kosher salt, celery salt, red pepper and mustard in small bowl; set aside.
Preheat grill to medium heat. Rub seasoning mixture onto sausage. Grill according to package directions until heated through, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions.
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add cream and onions; mix well. Bring just to boil, stirring occasionally. Add cheese; cook until cheese is completely melted, stirring constantly with wire whisk.
Drain macaroni. Add to cheese sauce; stir gently. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve with the grilled sausage.