Grilled bell peppers and smoked sausage brushed with spicy barbecue sauce make for a filling and delicious sandwich.
- Eckrich Smoked Sausage1 pkg(s)
- Red or green bell pepper, halved, seeded (or use 1/2 each of each color)1 whole
- (1/2 inch thick) large red onion4 slice(s)
- Hickory or spicy barbecue sauce1/4 cup
- Hoagie rolls or 8 inch french bread rolls, split4
Oil grate and prepare barbecue grill. Cut each sausage link in half crosswise.
Grill sausage and vegetables on covered grill over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Turn; continue grilling covered 5 minutes or until sausage is heated through and vegetables are crisp-tender.
Brush barbecue sauce over both sides of sausage and vegetables. Arrange rolls, cut sides down, around edges of grill. Continue grilling covered 2 minutes or until rolls are lightly toasted. Cut bell peppers into strips; separate onion slices into rings.
Serve sausage and vegetables in rolls.