The next time you’re looking for a hearty side dish for a picnic, cookout or party, try this pasta salad loaded with antipasto-inspired ingredients, like olives, roasted peppers and pepperoncini. Eckrich® Beef Skinless Smoked Sausage cut into bite-size coins, adds a bold, savory pop of flavor in every bite.
- Rotini Pasta1 Lb
- Mayonnaise¼ C
- Sour Cream¼ C
- Finely Chopped Fresh Basil2 Tbsp
- Red Wine Vinegar1 Tbsp
- Kosher Salt, To Taste1 Tsp
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste1 Tsp
- Olive Oil1 Tsp
- Eckrich® Beef Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope, Cut Into 1/4-Inch Thick Coins7 Oz
- Halved Cherry Tomatoes2 C
- Roasted Red Peppers (Jar), Drained And Sliced12 Oz
- Fresh Mozzarella, Cut Into 1/2-Inch Cubes8 Oz
- Pitted Kalamata Olives Or Black Olives, Halved⅓ C
- Small Red Onion, Sliced Thin1/2
- Pickled Pepperoncini, Seeded, Sliced Thin8
COOK pasta in large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions; drain. Rinse pasta under cold running water until chilled. Drain well and set aside for later use.
WHISK together mayonnaise, sour cream, basil and vinegar until well combined. Season with salt and pepper taste. Set aside.
HEAT 2 teaspoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sausage, stirring occasionally until lightly browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
COMBINE cooked pasta, mayo mixture, cooked sausage, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, mozzarella, olives, red onion and pepperoncini in large mixing bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.