In this hearty handheld sandwich, grilled Eckrich® Original Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope’s robust savoriness is balanced with cooling cucumber yogurt sauce (also known as tzatziki) and garden fresh veggies. These bright Mediterranean flavors are layered inside fluffy pita pockets —perfect for a backyard picnic or a quick and easy dinner.
- Vegetable Oil, For Brushing Grill¼ C
- Medium English Cucumber1
- Plain Greek Yogurt1 C
- Chopped Fresh Dill2 Tsp
- Cloves Garlic, Minced2
- Red Wine Vinegar1/4 Tsp
- Kosher Salt, To Taste1 Tsp
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste1 Tsp
- Eckrich® Original Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope14 Oz
- Round Loaves Pita, Cut In Half4
- Leaves Bibb Lettuce4
- Cherry Tomatoes, Quartered1 Pt
- Red Onion, Thinly Sliced1/2
PREHEAT grill to medium-high heat and brush grates with oil.
CHOP half the cucumber and slice the remaining half into rounds.
COMBINE chopped cucumber, yogurt, dill, garlic and vinegar in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
GRILL sausages until exterior is crisp and char marks appear, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
SLICE sausage into 1-inch thick rounds.
SPREAD yogurt sauce inside pita halves and fill with lettuce, tomato, onion, sliced cucumber and cooked sausage. Repeat with remaining pitas and serve.