Grilling up foil pouches isn’t just for camping! Using this method to cook Eckrich® Smoked Sausage and fresh produce makes a great entree for backyard barbecues: The packets are customizable and crowd-pleasing, healthy and tasty, and prep and cleanup are a breeze.
Foil-Pack Sausage and Summer Veggies
- Eckrich Smoked Sausage, cut into 1' thick coins14 oz.
- Baby white or yellow potatoes, quartered2 cup(s)
- Green beans, trimmed2 cup(s)
- Ears fresh corn, shucked and sliced into 1.5' rounds3 whole
- Garlic, minced4 clove(s)
- Unsalted butter, melted1/4 cup(s)
- Smoked paprika1 tsp.
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped for serving
- Shredded parmesan cheese, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving
PREHEAT oven to 425°F or grill to medium-high. Coat 4 to 6 sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray.
COMBINE sausage, potatoes, green beans, corn and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle butter over mixture and add paprika. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss until everything is well-coated with butter. Divide mixture evenly among prepared foil sheets. Wrap up and seal foil tightly around sausage and vegetables.
GRILL foil packets for 30 minutes over medium-high heat, flipping halfway through, until vegetables are tender. Alternatively, bake foil packets on a sheet pan for 35 to 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
OPEN foil packets carefully to allow steam to escape. Top sausage and vegetables with fresh parsley and Parmesan, and serve with lemon wedges.