Kick up this zesty Louisiana favorite with smoked sausage for a one-pot dish that always pleases.
- (10-14oz) Eckrich Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices1 pkg(s)
- Oil1 tbsp.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2 inch cubes1 lb.
- Chopped onion3/4 cup(s)
- Diced green bell pepper3/4 cup(s)
- Sliced celery3/4 cup(s)
- Minced garlic1 tsp.
- Water3 cup(s)
- Can crushed tomatoes14 oz.
- Package zatarain's jambalaya rice dinner mix8 oz.
Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high. Add chicken, vegetables and garlic; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes until chicken is no longer pink. Add sliced sausage; continue cooking 2 minutes.
Add water and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Add jambalaya rice dinner mix; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes until rice is tender.