For a hearty lunch or light supper, try this cozy dish, reminiscent of French cassoulet. Creamy white beans and Eckrich Smoked Sausage, naturally hardwood smoked and seasoned to perfection, make a comforting duo spooned over biscuits, toast, or any bread you like.
- Eckrich Smoked Sausage, sliced into 1/4' coins10 - 14 oz.
- Unsalted butter1 tbsp.
- Garlic, minced2 clove(s)
- Milk1 cup(s)
- Low-sodium chicken broth1/2 cup(s)
- Canned white beans, such as cannellini or great northern, drained and rinsed30 oz.
- Sprigs fresh thyme2
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Sourdough, english muffins, biscuits, bagels or bread of choice, toasted to preference4 - 8 slice(s)
- Grated parmesan, for serving
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped for serving
MELT butter in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until edges are crisp, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for another minute.
ADD milk, broth, beans and thyme to skillet. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring mixture to simmer, reduce heat to low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 15 minutes.
SPOON bean and sausage mixture over toasted bread of choice and top with parsley and Parmesan cheese.