Smoked Sausage is baked with ziti, Italian cheeses, and fresh basil for a delicious main course.
- Eckrich Skinless Smoked Sausage16 oz.
- Ziti or mostaccioli pasta8 oz.
- Jar spicy tomato basil pasta sauce26 oz.
- Ricotta cheese15 oz.
- Grated parmesan cheese1/4 cup(s)
- Chopped fresh basil, divided1/2 cup(s)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, divided2 cup(s)
Heat oven to 375ºF. Cook ziti according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut sausage crosswise into 1/2-inch slices; quarter the slices. Drain ziti; return to same pot. Add pasta sauce and sausage; mix well. Arrange half of mixture in a 13"x9" baking dish.
Combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of the basil; spoon over sausage mixture.
Top with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and remaining sausage mixture. Cover dish with foil.
Bake 35 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Continue to bake 10 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup basil.