This rich soup starts with smoked sausage and only gets more delicious from there.
- Eckrich Skinless Smoked Sausage10 - 14 oz.
- Oil1 - 1/2 tbsp.
- Medium onion, chopped1 whole
- Medium carrots, chopped3 whole
- Medium stalk of celery, chopped2
- Minced garlic2 tsp.
- Dried thyme1 tsp.
- Flour1/3 cup(s)
- Vegetable broth2 qt.
- Can northern beans, undrained (14oz)14 oz.
- Chopped swiss chard, spinach or kale2 cup(s)
- Grated parmesan cheese1/3 cup(s)
Slice the Eckrich Smoked Sausage into thin coins. Set aside.
In a 4 quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery; sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium. Add sausage, garlic and thyme; continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned. Add flour; heat and stir about 30 seconds.
Add broth, bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
Stir in beans and Swiss chard; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated and chard/kale is tender. Serve with cheese.