Sausage, bell peppers and beans combine to make this quick and hearty skillet.
- Eckrich Skinless Smoked Sausage, cut into four links1 pkg(s)
- Olive oil2 tsp.
- Medium onion, cut into 1 inch chunks1 whole
- Bell pepper chunks or short, thick strips, preferably a mix of red, yellow and green3 cup(s)
- Garlic, minced4 clove(s)
- Salt1/4 tsp.
- Freshly ground black pepper1/4 tsp.
- Chicken broth2/3 cup(s)
- Dried rosemary, crushed1/2 tsp.
- Can cannellini or great northern beans, drained16 oz.
Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-low heat. Add sausage links; brown on all sides, turning occasionally, 7 to 8 minutes.
Transfer links to a plate; set aside.
Add onion; sauté 2 minutes. Add bell peppers and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. Add broth and rosemary; simmer 6 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in beans. Return sausages to skillet; heat through, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes.