Eckrich smoked sausage, pineapple, carrots and vegetables in a sweet and sour sauce
- Eckrich Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices16 oz.
- Long-grain white rice, uncooked1 2/3 cup(s)
- Can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained20 oz.
- Firmly packed brown sugar1/3 cup(s)
- Soy sauce2 tbsp.
- Cornstarch2 tbsp.
- White wine vinegar1/4 cup(s)
- Light brown sugar1/2 cup(s)
- Medium carrots, diagonally sliced2 whole
- Medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped1 whole
Cook rice according to package directions, using 3-1/3 cups water.
Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside.
Add enough cold water to juice to measure 1-1/2 cups. Set aside.
Mix brown sugar and cornstarch in medium bowl until well blended.
Gradually Add juice mixture, mixing until well blended after each addition.
Sir in vinegar and soy sauce. Set aside.
Cook and stir sausage, carrots and bell pepper in medium skillet 6 minutes, or until carrots are crisp-tender.
Add juice mixture; cook and stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
Stir in pineapple; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Serve over rice.