- 2 pkg(s) Eckrich Smoked Sausage Links2 pkg(s)
- 1 whole Large sweet onion, sliced into 1/4'-rounds1 whole
- 1 whole Large red onion, sliced into 1/4'-rounds1 whole
- 6 Scallions6
- Vegetable oil, for grilling
- 1 cup(s) Dark beer1 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Ketchup1 cup(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Apple cider vinegar1/4 cup(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Packed light brown sugar1/4 cup(s)
- 2 Tbsp. Honey2 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce1 Tbsp.
- 2 Tsp. Smoked paprika2 Tsp.
- 2 Tsp. Chili powder2 Tsp.
- 1 Tsp. Cayenne1 Tsp.
PREHEAT grill to 400°F and coat grates with oil. Soak bamboo skewers in water while grill preheats. 2. COMBINE beer, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, chili powder and cayenne in medium saucepan over medium-high heat (either on grill or on separate burner). Cook while preparing and grilling sausage and onions, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 30 minutes.
THREAD onions across width on sets of 2 parallel skewers. This will make it easier to turn onions on grill.
GRILL sausages over medium-high heat until exterior is crisp and char marks appear, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to indirect heat to keep warm until serving, periodically turning and brushing with sauce to develop a sticky sweet glaze. Grill skewered onion rounds until tender and slightly charred, about 5 minutes per side. Grill scallions until lightly charred, about 1 to 3 minutes per side.
SLICE scallions when cool enough to handle. Transfer grilled sausage and onions to serving platter, top with sliced grilled scallions and serve with ramekin of remaining sauce.