The taste of the South is alive and well in these fried green tomato sandwiches toppped with Smoked Sausage.
- Eckrich Smoked Sausage, split lengthwise1 pkg(s)
- Bag frozen breaded green tomato, sliced12 oz.
- Small dill pickles, optional
- Cherry peppers, optional
- Pimento cheese spread1 pkg(s)
- Vegetable oil, for frying2 cup(s)
- Texas toast, bakery loaf, or brioche bread, thick sliced8 slice(s)
LIGHTLY BROWN: Sausage in large nonstick skillet over medium heat (3-5 minutes per side). Remove and set aside warm.
HEAT OIL, FRY: Tomatoes in nonstick skillet until crispy (3-5 minutes per side). Remove and place on paper towel.
SPREAD: Pimento cheese on four slices of bread.
ASSEMBLE: Pimento cheese, sausage, fried tomatoes and remaining bread slices.
CROWN: Yourself as the green tomato fry master.