- 1 pkg(s) Eckrich Smoked Sausage1 pkg(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) White onion, chopped1/2 cup(s)
- 1 whole Carrot, chopped1 whole
- 1 whole Red pepper, chopped1 whole
- 1/2 whole Head (small) green cabbage, chopped1/2 whole
- 1 clove(s) Garlic, chopped1 clove(s)
- Parsley, chopped
- Olive oil
- 15 oz. Can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed15 oz.
- 2 cup(s) Chicken stock2 cup(s)
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning1 Tbsp.
HEAT: Smoked sausage (½-inch slices) in olive oil until lightly browned and reserve.
IN SAME PAN, SAUTÉ: Onion, garlic, carrots and red pepper.
ADD: Cabbage, stir frequently for 3 minutes.
TOSS IN: Black-eyed peas, chicken stock, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
COOK: 10 minutes on medium low heat.
ADD: Browned smoked sausage and stir. Raise those soup spoons - it’s go time.
Tip: Serve with store-bought cornbread. Use pre-chopped cabbage, onions and garlic. Swap navy beans for black eyed peas. Substitute Cajun seasoning with 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon chili powder and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.