Savory smoked sausage, melty cheese and store-bought salsa combine for a new spin on chowder. With a few simple ingredients, you just may have your family’s new go-to on busy nights, perfect for the slow cooker.
- Pkg Eckrich smoked sausage14 oz.
- White onion, chopped1 whole
- Green pepper chopped1 whole
- Red pepper chopped1 whole
- Green onions
- Can pinto beans, drained15 oz.
- Jar medium salsa16 oz.
- Chicken broth or stock2 cup(s)
- Block soft, easy-melt cheese1 lb.
- Tortilla chips
In the morning, toss the following into slow cooker: chopped white onion, chopped red and green bell pepper, chicken broth or stock, jar medium salsa, block soft easy-melt cheese (cut into cubes), can pinto beans.
Turn on slow cooker (4 hours on high, 7 hours on low).
Before serving: Cut 14 oz. package of Eckrich smoked sausage (1/4 inch slices), top with green onions and/or crushed tortilla chips.
No pinto beans? Swap in a can of black beans.
Serve with a side salad and rock that dinner.