A one-dish recipe flavored with Cajun-seasoning, smoked sausage, diced tomatoes and chili beans.
- Eckrich Smoked Sausage, halved lengthwise, cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices1 pkg(s)
- Cooking spray
- Long-grain white rice, uncooked1 1/3 cup(s)
- Medium onion, chopped1 whole
- Chopped celery1 cup(s)
- Can(s) seasoned chili beans, undrained29 oz.
- Can diced tomatoes, undrained14 1/2 oz.
- Cajun seasoning blend2 tsp.
Cook rice according to package directions using 2-2/3 cups water.
Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
Add sausage, onion and celery; cook 5 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
Add beans, undrained tomatoes and the seasoning blend; mix well.
Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, or until heated through. Stir in rice.