- 10 - 14 oz. Package Eckrich Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices10 - 14 oz.
- 1 Tbsp. Oil1 Tbsp.
- 3/4 cup(s) Chopped onion3/4 cup(s)
- 3/4 cup(s) Diced green bell pepper3/4 cup(s)
- 3/4 cup(s) Sliced celery3/4 cup(s)
- 1 Tsp. Minced garlic1 Tsp.
- 6 cup(s) Water6 cup(s)
- 7 oz. Package zatarain's gumbo mix with rice7 oz.
- 1 lb. Raw shrimp, peeled and deveined1 lb.
Heat oil in 4-quart saucepan over medium. Add vegetables and garlic; sauté 5 to 6 minutes until tender.
Stir in smoked sausage; continue cooking 2 minutes.
Add water and gumbo mix with rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes until rice is tender.
Stir in shrimp; continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes until shrimp are cooked.