Skillet pizza on the grill?!?! Sounds wild, but it just might work. Especially when you pile on the Eckrich® Smoked Sausage. Add some corn kernels and fresh basil, and top it off with that grilled up tasty Eckrich® Smoked Sausage.
- Package Eckrich Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices10 - 14 oz.
- Small yellow onion, diced1 whole
- Fresh corn kernels1 cup(s)
- Garlic, minced2 clove(s)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Heavy cream1 cup(s)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese1/2 cup(s)
- Grated parmesan cheese1/4 cup(s)
- Olive oil1 tbsp.
- Short dried pasta, such as orecchiette, penne, or shells1 lb.
- Low-sodium chicken broth2 cup(s)
- Kosher salt1/2 tsp.
- Freshly ground black pepper, plus more for serving1/2 tsp.
HEAT olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion, garlic and corn, and cook until sausage begins to brown and vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
ADD pasta, heavy cream, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue simmering for 8-12 minutes, until pasta is cooked al dente.
STIR IN mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
GARNISH with fresh basil and black pepper and serve immediately.