Fresh vegetables accompany smoked sausage and rice for a deliciously zesty gumbo.
- Eckrich Skinless Smoked Sausage1 pkg(s)
- Vegetable oil1 tbsp.
- Large onion, chopped1 whole
- Green bell pepper, diced1 whole
- Garlic, minced4 clove(s)
- Flour1 tbsp.
- Cajun or creole seasoning1 - 1/2 tsp.
- Can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained14 1/2 oz.
- Reduced sodium chicken or beef broth1 cup(s)
- Hot cooked brown or white rice2 cup(s)
- Chopped fresh parsley1/4 cup(s)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Sprinkle flour and seasoning over vegetables; cook and stir 1 minute.
Stir in sausage, tomatoes and broth; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
Spoon rice into four shallow serving bowls; top with sausage mixture and parsley.