A creamy chowder with smoked sausage, potatoes and corn is a delicious and comforting lunch or side.
- Eckrich Skinless Smoked Sausage1 pkg(s)
- Vegetable oil1 tbsp.
- Large onion, coarsely chopped1 whole
- 2% milk2 cup(s)
- Frozen ready to cook hash brown potatoes with peppers and onions thawed2 cup(s)
- Can creamed-style corn14 1/2 oz.
- Frozen corn kernels1 - 1/2 cup(s)
- Salt1/2 tsp.
- Freshly ground black pepper1/4 tsp.
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese1 cup(s)
- Chopped chives or green onions1/4 cup(s)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add milk, potatoes, sausage, creamed corn, corn kernels, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Ladle chowder into four shallow bowls; top with cheese if desired and chives.