Flavor abounds in a sizzling skillet of smoked sausage and yellow rice
- (regular size) Eckrich Smoked Sausage1 pkg(s)
- Vegetable oil1 tbsp.
- Package spanish-style yellow rice mix8 oz.
- Water2 - 1/4 cup(s)
- Green peas1 cup(s)
- Roasted red peppers (from a jar), chopped ( 1/3 cup)2
- Sliced stuffed green olives1/2 cup(s)
- Green onions, sliced2
- Crushed red pepper flakes1/4 - 1/2 tsp.
Cut sausage into ¾" thick slices.
Heat oil in a 4-quart pan over medium heat.
Cook sausage until browned, about 8 minutes.
Stir in rice mix and water.
Cover pan, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cook 20 minutes or until water is almost absorbed.
Stir in peas, roasted red peppers, olives, onions and pepper flakes.
Cover and cook until rice is tender, about 5 more minutes.