Elote is a popular snack in Mexican cuisine: a grilled ear of corn is smothered in crema or mayo, then generously sprinkled with cheese, cilantro and chili powder. Inspired by this summery street food, we’ve created a delicious sandwich that tops Eckrich® Jalapeño & Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links with grilled corn salsa for a sweet and savory delight.
- Vegetable Oil, For Brushing Grill2 Tbsp
- Ears Yellow Corn, Shucked3
- Small Red Onion, Chopped Fine1/4
- Crumbled Queso Fresco1/4 C
- Jar Roasted Red Pepper, Drained And Chopped1
- Chopped Fresh Cilantro2 Tbsp
- Mayonnaise2 Tbsp
- Lime, Juiced1/2
- Kosher Salt1/2 Tsp
- Eckrich® Jalapeño & Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links14 Ounce
- 6-Inch Sub Rolls, Split6
PREHEAT grill to medium-high heat and brush grates with oil.
GRILL corn, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
CUT kernels from cob and toss with onion, queso fresco, roasted red pepper, cilantro, mayonnaise, lime juice and salt until combined.
GRILL sausages until exterior is crisp and char marks appear, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
GRILL rolls split side down until lightly toasted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
SERVE grilled sausages in toasted rolls and top with corn mixture.