Elote, a Mexican street food classic, are grilled ears of corn-on-the-cob that are generously dressed with a creamy mayo-based sauce, a squeeze of lime, a sprinkle of chili powder and a shower of cotija cheese. This salad combines all of those summery flavors into a shareable, portable dish with the addition of Eckrich® Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links for an extra pop of flavor and protein.
- Vegetable Oil, For Brushing Grill2 Tbsp
- Eckrich® Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links14 Oz
- Ears Yellow Corn, Shucked5
- Small Red Onion, Chopped1/2
- Jar Whole Roasted Red Peppers, Chopped1
- Chopped Fresh Cilantro1/2 Cup
- Green Onions, Chopped6
- Jalapeño, Finely Chopped1
- Avocado, Halved, Pitted, Diced1
- Limes, Juiced2
- Ground Cumin, ½ Tsp½ Tsp
- Smoked Paprika½ Tsp
- Sour Cream2 Tbsp
- Mayonnaise2 Tbsp
- Crumbled Queso Fresco Or Cotija Cheese½ C
- Kosher Salt, To Taste1 Tbsp
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste1 Tbsp
PREHEAT grill to medium-high heat and brush grates with oil.
GRILL corn, turning occasionally until lightly charred and tender, about 10 minutes.
GRILL sausages until exterior is crisp and char marks appear, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
SLICE grilled sausage into 1-inch coins.
TOSS grilled sausage, grilled corn and remaining ingredients together in a large serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy.