Warm up with this deep, rich flavorful stew. Smoked sausage gives this dish a meaty texture and flavor.
- Eckrich Hot Smoked Sausage Links, sliced into thin coins1 pkg(s)
- Oil1 tbsp.
- Onion, chopped1 whole
- Red bell pepper, diced1 whole
- Garlic cloves, minced2 clove(s)
- Chicken broth32 oz.
- Can petite diced tomatoes, in liquid14 1/2 oz.
- Large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes1 whole
- Ground cumin1/2 tsp.
- Salt1/4 tsp.
- Black pepper1/4 tsp.
- Can black beans, rinsed, drained15 oz.
- Cilantro, chopped1/4 cup(s)
In a 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion, red pepper, and garlic; cook 5 to 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Add the broth, tomatoes, sweet potato, cumin, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in Hot Links, beans, and cilantro; continue cooking 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through and thickened slightly.