- 1 pkg(s) Eckrich Hot Smoked Sausage Links, sliced into thin coins1 pkg(s)
- 1 Tbsp. Oil1 Tbsp.
- 1 whole Onion, chopped1 whole
- 1 whole Red bell pepper, diced1 whole
- 2 clove(s) Garlic cloves, minced2 clove(s)
- 32 oz. Chicken broth32 oz.
- 14 1/2 oz. Can petite diced tomatoes, in liquid14 1/2 oz.
- 1 whole Large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes1 whole
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground cumin1/2 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt1/4 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Black pepper1/4 Tsp.
- 15 oz. Can black beans, rinsed, drained15 oz.
- 1/4 cup(s) Cilantro, chopped1/4 cup(s)
In a 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion, red pepper, and garlic; cook 5 to 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Add the broth, tomatoes, sweet potato, cumin, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in Hot Links, beans, and cilantro; continue cooking 5 to 8 minutes or until heated through and thickened slightly.