Sausage, Mozzarella and tomatoes combined on a garlic and oil-brushed baguette make a delicious sandwich.
- (regular size) Eckrich Smoked Sausage1 pkg(s)
- (22 to 24 inch) loaf french bread baguette12 - 14 oz.
- Olive oil3 tbsp.
- Garlic, minced2 clove(s)
- Ripe tomatoes, diced1 - 1/2 cup(s)
- Chopped fresh basil, parsley or chives (or a combination)1/4 cup(s)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese1 cup(s)
Prepare barbecue grill. Cut each sausage link in half crosswise. Cut baguette crosswise into four pieces. Cut each piece lengthwise in half. Combine oil and garlic; spoon over cut sides of bread. Grill sausage links on covered grill over medium heat 5 minutes per side. Place bread, cut sides down around edges of grill; grill 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Place bread, grilled sides up on four sheets of foil, each about 12-inches square. Place sausages over bread; top with tomatoes, basil and cheese. Close sandwiches and wrap completely in the foil. Grill sandwiches on a covered grill 5 minutes per side or until heated through and cheese has melted.