Enhance the smokey boldness of freshly grilled Eckrich® Original Skinless Smoked Sausage with this vibrant chimichurri sauce. The potent, herb-packed Argentinian condiment cuts through the richness of the meat, so that each bite of these sandwiches is layered with flavors.
- Vegetable Oil, For Brushing Grill2 Tbsp
- Shallot, Minced1
- Jalapeño, Seeded, Minced1
- Cloves Garlic, Minced4
- Red Wine Vinegar½ C
- Minced Fresh Cilantro¾ C
- Minced Fresh Parsley¼ C
- Minced Fresh Oregano2 Tbsp
- Olive Oil¾ C
- Kosher Salt, To Taste1 Tsp
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste1 Tsp
- Eckrich® Original Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope, Cut In Half Widthwise14 Oz
- (6-Inch-Long) Sandwich Rolls, Split4
- Pickled Red Onions, Drained¼ C
PREHEAT grill to medium-high heat and brush grates with oil.
WHISK shallot, jalapeño, garlic, vinegar, cilantro, parsley, oregano and oil in medium bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
GRILL sausages until the exterior is crisp and char marks appear, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
GRILL rolls split-side-down until lightly toasted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
SERVE grilled sausages in toasted rolls and top with chimichurri sauce and pickled red onions.