Forget run-of-the-mill hot dogs! This epic creation starts with Eckrich® Original Skinless Smoked Sausage, for an intense, bold flavor. Then, layer after layer of toppings are added, like hearty chili, Eckrich® Hickory Smoked Bacon, scallions, cheddar and more. Pile everything on a sub roll, because a regular hot dog bun just isn’t going to cut it!
- Can Chili With Beans1 (15-Ounce)
- Eckrich® Original Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope2 (14-Ounce) Packages
- Eckrich® Hickory Smoked Bacon, Cooked And Chopped5 Strips
- Green Onions, Sliced Thin2
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese1/2 Cup
- Vegetable Oil, For Brushing Grill Grates2 Tablespoons
- Sub Rolls, Split4 (6-inch)
- Sweet Barbecue Sauce1/4 Cup
- Spicy Brown Mustard1/4 Cup
COOK chili in a small saucepan until fully heated through. Keep hot until ready to use.
PREHEAT grill to medium-high heat and brush grates with oil.
GRILL sausages until the exterior is crisp and char marks appear, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
GRILL rolls, split-side-down, until lightly toasted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
SERVE grilled sausages in toasted rolls and top with chili, cheese, bacon, barbecue sauce, mustard and green onions.