Celebrate Memorial Day with a backyard cookout. Wow your family and friends with delicious hot dog options. The low carb bunless dog is served in a beautiful wedge of romaine lettuce or add the bun for those not calorie counting. (Gif: Lettuce and buns are jumping around on a serving tray trying to be chosen, sausage and toppings are added to build the hot dogs)
- Eckrich Original Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope
- Romaine lettuce leaves, separated, washed and dried
- Small red onion, chopped1
- Grape tomatoes, chopped1 pint
- Optional: sliced jalapeño peppers, jalapeño sauce, mayonnaise
MIX chopped red onion and tomato in a bowl and set aside.
HEAT grill to medium heat. Cook sausages for 7-10 minutes, turning until grill marks are HEAT grill to medium heat. Cook sausages for 7-10 minutes, turning until grill marks are.
COOK bacon on grill for 5 minutes.
PLACE sausages in lettuce leaves or bun and add a bacon strip alongside sausage.
TOP sausages with onion and tomato mixture, mayonnaise and jalapeño slices.