Spoil mom with this impressive but easy tart for a special mothers day brunch.
- Eckrich Off the Bone Ham, chopped in small pieces3 oz.
- Butter, for the pan
- Flour, for the pan
- 9” unroll-and-bake refrigerated pie crust1 whole
- Large egg white, lightly beaten1
- Vegetable oil2 tsp.
- Large eggs, at room temperature5
- (4 oz) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature1/2 cup(s)
- (8 oz) shredded gruyere cheese2 cup(s)
- Scallions, white and pale green parts, thinly sliced3
- Salt1/2 tsp.
- Freshly ground black pepper1/2 tsp.
- Chopped parsley1 tbsp.
HEAT oven to 400ºF.
"BUTTER and flour bottom and sides of a 9” tart pan with a removable bottom.
UNROLL pie crust and gently press into bottom and sides of pan. Trim excess from top.
PRICK bottom of pastry with tines of a fork. Using a pastry brush, brush crust with egg white.
BAKE for 10 minutes, until egg white has set. Let cool 10 minutes.
BEAT eggs lightly in a medium bowl. Whisk in the cheeses, scallions, salt, pepper and ham.
POUR into cooled crust and bake for about 18 minutes, until mixture has set and top is golden.
COOL tart for 10 -15 minutes and then remove from pan.
SPRINKLE with parsley and cut into wedges to serve warm or at room temperature.