If you’re a fan of BLTs, this might be your new favorite pasta salad! Bold Eckrich® Hickory Smoked bacon, crisp lettuce and juicy tomatoes get kicked up a notch with the addition of Eckrich® Turkey Skinless Smoked Sausage and pasta, and tossed with a creamy dressing. Croutons, which give a nod to the classic sandwich, are the finishing touch on this tasty dish.
- Eckrich® Turkey Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope, Cut Into 1/2-inch Coins2 (14-Ounce) Packages
- Eckrich® Hickory Smoked Bacon, Cooked and Chopped1/2 (16-Ounce) Package
- Fusilli1 Pound
- Small Romaine Lettuce Heart, Roughly Chopped1
- Large Beefsteak Tomatoes, Chopped2
- Buttermilk1/4 Cup
- Mayonnaise3/4 Cup
- Olive Oil2 Teaspoons
- Garlic Powder1 Teaspoon
- Kosher Salt1 Teaspoon
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper1/8 Teaspoon
- Italian Seasoned Croutons2 Cups
COOK pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package directions; drain. Rinse pasta under cold running water until chilled. Drain well, and set aside for later use.
WHISK mayonnaise, buttermilk, garlic powder, salt and pepper together in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
HEAT oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until fully heated through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
COMBINE cooked pasta, mayo mixture, cooked sausage, bacon, romaine, tomatoes and croutons in a large mixing bowl. Serve.